Sunday, January 17, 2016

"The Fate of the Wicked"

Psalms 73: [A Psalm of Asaph.]
Having studied my Bible more than once, I know a thing or two about what happens to the wicked. I also know from my own personal experience, that I am full of wickedness! No, it's true, my heart is desperately wicked! I can not believe some of the wicked thoughts that can be conjured up inside of me. That said, I have Good News to tell you about how this wickedness has been dealt with! Just to make things perfectly clear, we are all wicked; we are all sinners that need to be washed by the blood of Jesus Christ; and if not for the fact that we have been made clean, then we would be judged according to our wickedness. Not really something you want to participate in, let me assure you; hell is nothing you want to be a part of, and yet, there are many who make it their choice. There are those that have no fear of hell, not because they do not believe in hell, but because they quite frankly do not care; as hard as that might be to believe, they just make their choice to be unashamedly wicked. You might not understand this, but I was once just like what I have just described: I knew full well that there was a God, I also believed that there was a hell, and I did not care about my fate; as a matter of fact, I wore it like a badge or a symbol of what I stood for: being a rebel against God and all of His rules. I thank God for His kindness upon me, that He did not judge me back then; instead, He watched over me, keeping me from destroying myself, and all those around me! I started this blog with a simple question, What motivates us to love God, fear or love? I am more than certain of the answer, because the answer is love! And it's not my love for God that makes it happen, it's God's love for me! Despite my wickedness and my foolishness, God loves me!!! Jesus hung on that cross and died for me, wickedness and all, He died to set me free from this wickedness. And do you know how He died? No one needed to break His legs, because He was dead already, and He died from a broken heart; a ruptured heart, proven by the blood and water that came from His side when they pierced Him with a spear. So, if you really want to get technical about what makes us change, I would have to say, it is a broken heart...
"Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. God showed how much He loved us by sending His One and Only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. This is real love -not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and His love is brought to full expression in us. And God has given us His Spirit as proof that we live in Him and He in us." (1 John 4:7-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment