Wednesday, January 13, 2016

"Our Wondrous God"

"Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things." (Psalms 72:18) I guess you know by now, I am one of those that believe in the Holy Trinity; as I assume, do most of you. But you would be surprised at the answers you get to the question about the Trinity and how God is One God in Three Persons. Not that I am an expert at anything, but I have heard and read plenty of sermons and studies on what and how and why we must accept and believe in all Three as One. I have even taught a few classes on the difference between the God that we worship and the God of some of the cults. You know, cults are not just false religions, they are also filled with people who need Jesus, the real Jesus, to save them from hell. I say the real Jesus with all sincerity, because if you do not know who Jesus is, then you do not know Jesus! I had a very deep discussion with a brother once, it involved whether we know Christ before or after our being saved. He was taking the side of 'Not Knowing' and I was taking the side of 'Knowing.' I guess the real defining answer can be summed up in the quality of what you know, not in the quantity, because we both agreed that our faith must be placed in Jesus Christ and His redeeming sacrifice in order to be saved; which requires that we see our need to be saved, while at the same time, see His ability to save us. For that to happen with all uncertainty being removed, we need to have some awareness of who Christ really is and why only He can provide the forgiveness that we need. I gather that his 'Not Knowing' stance was based upon the John 3:3 verse that says, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." But that does not explain my experience, if being born again means that you do not know who Christ is until it happens; because I surely knew who He was, and I accepted Him based upon the powerful knowledge that I had been given. After accepting Jesus into my heart, that is when the relationship started, but I have no doubt whatsoever that I did not see who He was prior to raising my hands. The reason for my strong assurance is based upon the message that I received; it was not just some words being spoken and me trusting that they were true; it was the Holy Spirit doing His part also by confirming in an instant what was being said by softening my heart. I have no doubt whatsoever that that was my moment! You might not agree with me on this, but I believe that we all get 'a moment' when it is time to make the choice; and when I say 'a moment' I mean that it is our moment when all Three show up at once: The Fathers Love, The Sacrifice of the Son, and the Confirmation of the Holy Spirit, and you had better not make your choice! Now, as to "Seeing the Kingdom of God," that is an entirely different subject altogether. The "wondrous things" spoken of in this verse speak of "To separate," or "To distinguish," both of which are the conclusion of the matter; meaning, that once we are born again, we have crossed over into a whole "separated" and "distinguished" side that we have never seen before. That is the difference between light and darkness, life and death; and it is only then that we can relate to what has happened to have made the change, our being forgiven of our sins... "For Moses writes that the Law's way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands. But faith's way of getting right with God says, "Don't say in your heart, 'Who will go up to heaven?' (to bring Christ down to earth). And don't say, 'Who will go down to the place of the dead?' (to bring Christ back to life again)," In fact, it says, "The message is very close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart." And that message is the very message about faith we preach: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you aresaved. As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced." (Romans 10:5-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment