Saturday, January 9, 2016

"The Harvest"

"There shall be a handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth." (Psalms 72:16) As many of you should know, I have been taking care of my wife for over twelve years now, and I have been blessed beyond compare in doing so. Just this morning I was standing over here and gazing down at her peaceful sleep; and as I gave her the first morning med, I could not help but notice a smile that came to her face. We really cannot understand what God sees in us, because what He sees in us we really can't see; but if we could, we would never feel the same about ourselves, or each other, again. I think a deep study of The Song of Solomon might give us a hint; but then again, it does not reach the height or depth of His great love for us. I truly believe that the many different authors of the Bible all had the same glimpse of God's heart for His children, both the good and the bad, because we all lack the ability to be perfect; besides Jesus, only Adam and Eve had the ability to be perfect, and we see how that went. Someone told me something a few weeks ago about the 'mustard seed' that I had never heard before, that a mustard seed is the only seed that can not be cross-pollinated with another seed. That gives an additional meaning to the statement of Jesus in Matthew 13:31-32, regarding the 'mustard seed' and how it grows into a tree; because it is not mixed with anything else, just pure faith in God's word! I get such a kick from people who feel that they need to supplement the Bible with some book that helps explain what the Bible says, as if God can not speak for Himself; or people that say, "I don't read my Bible, because I don't understand it." I did not understand it either, until I had the Holy Spirit living in me to show me what it meant; then it became perfectly clear, and it ministered directly to my heart. This verse has some powerful insight into God's ability to spread the Gospel; sure, we do our part, but it is God that make it flourish and take root...
"Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of the area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And He healed every kind of disease and illness. When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to His disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask Him to send more workers into His fields."" (Matthew 9:35-38) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment