Monday, January 18, 2016

"God Prevails!"

"Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart." (Psalms 73:1) The more you need God, the less you to fail; that's my understanding of how it works. But, many of us take decades to actually come to that understanding, if we ever really do at all. I think when Paul declares, "All of Israel shall be saved," he is actually speaking about those that are "Governed by God," not the knuckleheads that don't want to even listen to God's voice. It is really quite simple, we either want to listen or we don't; those that want to listen, stop what they are doing and pay attention; those that don't, couldn't care less what God is trying to say. You may have heard the term 'white noise,' because it is what we do when we want to shut God out; we totally think on something else, or force our mind to be filled with distorted thoughts. While God, on the other hand, is whispering into our hearts, "You are living a lie." Not much else to say when you hear those words mentioned, except, "God help me!" I actually heard something on the radio several weeks ago, I might have already mentioned it; but it never hurts to say it again. The basic lesson said, was that of asking God to help, as a boy says to his father, "Daddy, I can't lift that big rock, it's too heavy; and I have tried everything in my power, but it just can't be done." To which the father replies, "Have you really tried everything, my son? Because, as of yet, you have not asked for my help." Yesterday at church, the message was on Paul's "Thorn in the side" from 2 Corinthians 12:6-10. I have probably heard a hundred messages on this portion of Scripture, but I have never heard anyone mention Jesus asking for the Father to remove "His Cup" three times, and relating that to Paul asking three times for deliverance. I was setting there thinking, I bet Paul really had asked many more than three times, but there were only three that really counted. If you understand what I am trying to say, then I really don't need to say any more; but if you don't, then I can break it down for you. We really only cannot shake off the sins that we really like; it's because we like those sins, that we really do not ask God with all our hearts to help. We ask Him to help us with the ones we hate, but those that we like, we half-heartedly ask Him to take that desire away. It really comes down to us being "Governed by God." If that is what we are, then God will prevail in our lives, no matter how big the rock is...
"The Jewish ceremony of circumcision has value only if you obey God's law. But if you don't obey God's law, you are no better off than an uncircumcised Gentile. And if the Gentiles obey God's law, won't God declare them to be His own people? In fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God's law will condemn you Jews who are circumcised and possess God's law but don't obey it. For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. A person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people." (Romans 2:25-29) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment