Thursday, January 14, 2016

"He Has Blessed Us So"

"And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen, and Amen." (Psalms 72:19) Wow, what an amazing God we have, that He would put so much care into every little thing that He creates. I can't begin to tell you how much I miss teaching God's word; it has been over a year now since the last time I have put a message together, and I always ended up getting spoken to so much every time I did. I am one of those guys that likes to do my message the Saturday morning before I need to give it. I might have the title a couple days before, but the message is not put together until the morning before; or should I say, until the Saturday before, because most times it was at least eight hours in the making. But no matter where in the Bible I was speaking from, whether it was Genesis 7 or 27, my message was always about the Gospel. It is true what they say, the Gospel message is woven throughout the Old Testament writings; pretty much every single page contains something that can be presented in a Gospel message; even the genealogy pages, if you can believe that. It is all in there for us to discover, if we just ask Him to show it to us; heck, you can get the Gospel from the instruments and furnishings in the Temple, or from the way the children of Israel marched in the wilderness; you can even get the Gospel message from Balaam's ass, if God gives you the message! (Numbers 22:21-35) If we search hard enough, God can show us His glory in anything that He has created; so why is it not possible to get the Gospel from anything that He has written? It is like the word "name" from the verse today, it has the 'mark' of something that speaks of God's reputation and His glory. It is not just a name that is glorious, it's everything that makes His name to be glorious, from the beginning, to the very end, He gets all the glory. Oh yes, it is really all about Him! Even you and I, we get to partake in His glory; but make no mistake about it, it is all His glory that we are part of; no matter how you slice it, or how you pick it apart, it is all about Jesus Christ our Lord...
"If I were to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be valid. But someone else is also testifying about me, and I assure you that everything he says about me is true. In fact, you sent investigators to listen to John the Baptist, and his testimony about me was true. Of course, I have no need of human witnesses, but I say these things so you might be saved. John was like a burning and shinning lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message. But I have a greater witness than John -my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me. And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me -the one he sent to you. You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life." (John 5:31-40) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment