Saturday, January 23, 2016

"A Strong Delusion" -Too

"They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men." (Psalms 73:5) Listening to a couple of messages yesterday on CSN that each had mentioned the same thing in some portion of their message, I thought it might be a sign for me to take note. I do not remember who each of them were, except for one, which was J. Vernon McGee because his was the most direct, but they all spoke about those that think they are Christians who will be left behind and forced to go through the Tribulation. I get the feeling that more will be left than those that are taken; and if you were listening to Dr. McGee yesterday, he said that of all the Seven Churches, only one will be taken, the Church of Philadelphia. Not that it represents one out of seven, because I believe the churches are more about a spirit of commitment and discipline. By the way, have you ever noticed how discipline and disciple are so familiar; it's almost eerie to connect the two, if you have no connection to be made between them. The good news, if you want to call it good, is that there will be a great multitude of people who come out of the Tribulation and end up in heaven; so if that's how you want to prove your commitment to Jesus, then stick around and take your chances. But, from what I have heard from several different teachings, if your not serious about your commitment now, without having to sacrifice your life, what makes you think that you will give up your life later? Then, there is the call-in hour of the station; which always gives me much to think about: yesterday they had a guy call in with a question about living by enjoying life, and that got a little interesting. One of the pastors gave a illustration of someone whipping their own back and asking people if they would like to join them; as if to say that you don't want to give people the impression that you are suffering for the Lord; but Jesus did say, "Pick up your cross and follow Me." I think it is more about who or what you are living for; kind of like eating food: Do you live to eat, or do you eat to live? Do you live to enjoy life, or do you enjoy the life you have been given? If you do the later, then you will enjoy whatever state you are in, whether you have or have not. Sometimes I think it's more about spending time with the Lord that matters more than anything else; like who or what do you enjoy most? Personally, if I was not doing this blog every day, there would most likely be days that I would miss spending time with the Lord; and days can turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months into; well, you get the picture. By the way, I was reminded of a quote from a brother who went to heaven decades ago, who said, "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore the going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger." There is a really good movie on the horizon, called, "Risen;" in it, there is a question that the Centurion gets asked, which is, "What are you afraid of most of all?" To which he answers, "Being wrong." There is another "Strong Delusion" that we must be careful of, thinking we are right when we are wrong...
"Write this letter to the angel of the church of Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen -the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's new creation: "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. So I advise you to buy gold from me -gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be ashamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches." (Revelation 3:14-22) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment