Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"This Present Bliss"

"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart." (Psalms 32:11) In case you were wondering about these verses from Jeremiah, and trying to figure out how they are connected to anything to do with this Psalm, it's really all about God's will over ours. You see, God has truly given man free will, and He will respect man's freedom of choice to a certain degree; but once you make that choice to surrender your life to Him, then all bets are off the table. In other words; your life is no longer your own to do what you want with, and He will get you through to the other side, one way or another! I am constantly amazed at the way God changes my heart, because this heart of mine gets so distracted by things, it requires to be guided back to God over and over again; that is the place where God's mercy and grace overlap, and His love for me takes precedence over my free will. Left to my own devices, I doubt that I would hardly stand a chance to make it through and hear that saying, "Well done, My good and faithful servant". But God, who created heaven and earth, He has not only placed me in His protection, but He has also assured me that His protection will always be there, even when I may not want it anymore; even when I falter, He has placed me in a protective bubble that only allows me to fall so far, and then sustains me from fatal impact from my fall. This is pretty much the just of what is being said here in the verse, which pretty much sums up the whole reason behind our "Confession and Forgiveness"; for when we trust in God's great mercy and His unending grace, we always have a reason to rejoice, no matter how far we slip away, and no matter how bad we screw things up, God is always able to make us righteous and upright in heart; it only requires our asking Him to forgive us. Can you actually count all those blessings?
"And now therefore thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning this city, whereof ye say, It shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence; Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in Mine anger, and in My fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God: and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear Me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts, and they shall not depart from Me. Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with My whole heart and with My whole soul." (Jeremiah 32:36-41)

No comments:

Post a Comment