Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"God Rules!"

"The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations." (Psalms 33:11) In our times of adversity, or despair, or even in times of feeling like giving up, God is still on the throne; we must never forget that fact! Although we may falter or despair, God is always there, just as He has always been: and as He has promised, He will never leave us, nor forsake us; we just need to praise Him anyways, and trust Him through whatever it is that we are going through, no matter how long it might last! And that includes times of great discouragement! Oh yes, I know, discouragement is a tool of the devil, and he uses it very well to take down the greatest of God's servants, if they let him; but it is also very real in our lives, and can be brought on by the strangest of circumstances or events. I know that I have shared this before, but I feel that it is something very important to share, seeing the life that God is allowing me to partake in, and most times I truly count it a blessing; but for those that will listen, and for those that might need to be encouraged, I truly believe it is a lesson learned that must be shared; but sometimes I get so discouraged, that I literally weep with all of my heart, and with all my strength, I ball like a little baby, as I lament over the condition of my wife. However, I always place a time limit over the time of my lamentation; making a pact within my heart and with God that I will only weep for thirty minutes at the most, and then I will rejoice. Interesting enough, I don't think I hardly ever reach the thirty minute time to stop; but I certainly try not to weep over my wife, because when I do, she always gets a worried look on her face, and I only want to make her smile. But let me tell you something, when I break down, I break down hard, and I quiver to my very core. But God, as my loving Father that He is, He is there comforting me, and I can feel His comforting arms surrounding me, but only to a certain degree; much like any father would comfort a child that is crying, there comes a point when it's time to stop, where, just as any father, God will say, Enough is enough, I am here, your okay, so get over it already! You can question my reasoning if you like, but the fact remains that God is totally in charge; and no matter what you might be going through, if you are His child, then He is on your side; and if God is on your side, then you really have nothing to worry or be discouraged over! We really need to come to terms with that fact, and we need to take it to heart, locking it up into our hearts and never letting go of that fact! Whether you can accept it or not, it is the truth... "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:31-39)

No comments:

Post a Comment