Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"God's Goodness"

"He loveth righteousness and judgement: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." (Psalms 33:5) Yes, it's true, this world is going to pass away; nothing shall be what it was, nor left unchanged; but within the dying and domed earth God's wonders and splendor are still displayed, regardless of it's condition. Another aspect of His dying creation are those that give themselves for others; not just be giving of their time, but those that give their lives for the protection of their fellow man. In the normal circles of life, everyone is pretty much out for themselves; looking the other way when someone is being attacked; avoiding to get involved when someone is being threatened, mugged, or even murdered. But, there are those rare times; times that seldom get the recognition that they deserve, when someone will risk their own lives to protect someone else; even someone that they don't even know. We can shrug our shoulders, saying, Well, good for them; but you won't find me doing something stupid like that; I have too much to live for, too many people that are dependent upon my care, to be caring for somebody else's problem. However, here is the thing about giving of yourself for the sake of others, especially those that you don't know, or those that may not know you; is that it also mirrors God's love in an extraordinary way. I know this might sound a little odd to some, but I really miss the mark when it comes to understanding how far Jesus went to place Himself on that cross for my sins, and to make it possible that I should inherit eternal life through His sacrifice. No, I don't mean that I don't understand what He did, because I truly believe that I do; but I am talking about how far that He went, meaning, how much He sacrificed of Himself to do what He did; that is where I miss the mark, over and over again in the sacrifice of my own life, and in the way I live for Him. But then again, I seriously doubt that I am alone..."Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin." (Hebrews 12:2-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment