Friday, July 5, 2013

"POINT OF GRACE"

"For this shall every one that is godly pray unto Thee in a time when Thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him." (Psalms 32:6) So, what then is our undoing? What is it that causes a man to fall from grace? Ephesians 2:8-10 is a model of what saves us, not just what did save us, but what continues to save us; for in this portion of the Holy Scriptures, Paul declares these words: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." It's the simplistic act of asking God for forgiveness, and how eager He is willing to forgive us of our sins, our iniquities, our trespasses, our transgressions; every little thing that stands in the way of, and what stops us, from walking in our preordained workmanship; He is waiting for us to acknowledge everything to Him. And guess what that also includes? Yes sir; that little hidden beast! The monster which seems to creep up from the pit of hell where you thought it had been cast, yet it seems to find a way to continually crawl it's way out; causing us to sin, having it's way, and rebelling against the love of God! Oh, I am sorry; did I let the cat out of the bag? What else can it be, but to rebel against God's love for us? After all, it is His love that saves us, sustains, and keeps us in His grace; and when we are tempted, it is His love that reaches out to strengthen us, and to ask us not to turn away; yet, there is another love that draws us away: a lesser love; one which only brings temporary satisfaction, but in the moment, takes precedence over the greatest love of all. This is the point that Jesus was making, as He explained the Greatest Commandment of all; that being, "To love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, mind, soul, and strength!" We must love God more than we love anything else; and when we feel as though we do not, then we pray, God forgive me, and help me love you more!!! We have a model of His grace, which points to the source of all that saved us, saves us, and will continue to be the salvation which will see us through; and guess what? It is not in us!!! I don't care how strong that you think you are, you are not going to tame that beast on your own! But you might be thinking: I really don't want to think about it, let alone confess it out loud to God; can't I just consider it part of the bundle of sins in my life, and leave it at the cross? That is between you and God; I cannot tell you what sins you are in need of being cleansed of, you should know that on your own. However, I will say this: I do not have any sins I hold onto that I do not like; and I am sure the same works for you... "All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude on thine iniquities; because thy sins were increased. Why criest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done those things unto thee. Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey. For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after." (Jeremiah 30:14-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment