Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"See What God Hath Done!"

"For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into drought of summer. Selah." (Psalms 32:4) I am more than totally dependent upon God, I am filled with remorse every time I try and step out on my own! To begin with, God's mercy and grace, although freely given to all that ask, is something that is not contained in freedom; in other words, it comes with obligation and dedication to God! Precisely the reason that some people resist the calling upon their lives, because they are not yet ready for a commitment to God, or to have their lives changed, and disrupt the freedoms they feel they might loose if they were to surrender their lives to God. The bondage associated with sin and death just does not justify the chance taken by putting off forgiveness, yet, countless people get up each morning, and go to bed each night, doing just that: taking a chance on eternal damnation! They just don't realize the freedom that comes with forgiveness of sin, only because they don't want to loose their freedom to sin! It's the "moisture" part of this verse that I want us to pay particular attention to, because it's the vitality behind our zest for lively living, or, if you are willing to accept it, the juices that drive our sexual desires. You see, when we surrender to God, not only does He forgive us the sin, but He changes the desire that we have to sin; that is of course if we have surrendered all of our sins over to Him! Otherwise, this new life that we have in Christ might just appear as if it is bondage, as in something that has us oppressed by not letting us do those things that our hearts desire, even though those desires should no longer drive the passions of our hearts. All the more reason that we must reason with our Heavenly Father!!! Stop asking WHY NOT? and start asking WHY!!! Why do you want me this way or that? What purpose, O God, is there for You to conform my life this way? If I ever did have a walk in the park with my earthly father, that is what I hoped I would have asked my dad, Why? Because, when it comes to the benefits of living a life that is surrendered to God, there is really nothing else that can compare; Absolutely Nothing...
"When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
your reward in heaven, nor your home on high."

No comments:

Post a Comment