Friday, September 30, 2011

"What Does God Want?"

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead." (James 2:26) The spirit that James is referring to here is life, as in breath of life. If we look at what Paul says in Ephesians 2:1, "And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins", the word quickened means brought to life. Again, thinking about the words that I wrote between verses 10 and 11 of Colossians chapter 2, I have to think they mean more than just waiting on God for direction; something more like, every breath I take, would best explain it. Okay; I am sorry if I have lost you in between the lines, but words do mean things; and I know that these words that I am talking about have been added by me, but it was at God's prompting that they were added. To look at this from another perspective, let's say that our body actually became dead when we accepted Christ into our heart; I know that it might seem a little drastic, but bare with me. Now then, if this body was dead, then what gave it life? The Spirit of God did when He quickened me, or brought me to life; therefore, the life that I now live, I live by the power of God's Spirit who is now the source of my breathing, breath being the source of life. This is what James is referring to as he speaks about our faith needing to come alive, because the life that we now have is based upon God's Spirit abiding within us; meaning that the Holy Spirit should be what moves us, or that which makes us move; gives us life is more like it! But of course this body did not die at the time of my accepting Christ into my heart; however, what did die was the cursed creature that was buried with Christ; making way for the new creature to rise up through faith. It is this faith that has risen, which gets it's life by the Spirit of the Living God, and it cannot move, or have it's ability to function as a life, without Him... "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment