Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"The Creature" part 4

And then we have Joseph, the man responsible for raising a Child; a child the was not born from his seed, but that, he by faith accepted as a child for him to raise. A carpenter, something of a different order for a King to be born into; yet to be born the son of a carpenter was really not all that bad, because carpenters make things; they build things; they restore things; they are crafty at taking something dead, and giving it life. If I wanted to think back to my happiest thing to do, it would have to be making things out of wood. At one time it was all I did in my spare time; and I would have made it my profession if I had not gotten roped into the Pest Control industry. I am always amazed at the abilities of Termites; they are so good at what they do. And yet, they do the very same thing that carpenters do, but on a different level: they take that which is dead and give it life, by eating the dead wood and putting it back into the organic system. Anyways, as I thought about building something all night while I was meant to be sleeping, I was reminded how God has built us, and how He has given us this flesh; which much like wood, is broken down after death, and worked back into that from which it came. And yet, our soul lives on after the death of this flesh, because the life of our soul was given by the breath of God. And there is one thing that I have discovered about our God: He does not undo anything! Because He does not make mistakes, He has no need of do-overs; but what He does, or makes men think that He is doing or has done, He does for His purposes. What about when God told Moses that He would kill all the children of Israel, and start over with Moses as the father of a nation? Do you think God was serious about that, or was He stating something for Moses to begin to care about the children of Israel? I am thinking God wanted Moses to consider the lives of all those people, and to place his love for them in the middle of a situation like that, was probably just what he needed to get his heart in the right place. Besides, God make a promise to Abraham, and God does not break His promises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment