Thursday, September 1, 2011

"The Perfect Law" -2

I am sorry for being so strange and short yesterday, but that really got to me; I had literally heard the words, We are not alone, as I was reading the definition of the word 'kosmos'. That, and the combination of the writings between the lines in my Bible, and the final church seen in the movie The Grace Card; well, let's just say that I was done; undone would be a better word! Once you see the Gift you can't turn back! Have you seen the movie The Grace Card? If you haven't, you should! Here is the thing about this Gift of Grace that we have been given: it has to change us; period!!! If you are not changed, then I must say with all certainty, that you have not seen the Gift! What the Perfect Law comes down to, is that it is what runs through our veins as a child of God; there should be no denying that we are His children, and that we love one another. So what seems to be the problem? Have we lost sight of the Gift? Or have we built up fences, that are so high, we cannot see the Gift any longer? "For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For every man shall bear his own burden." (Galatians 6:3-5) I don't mean to split hairs, or to spiritualize the text; but right now I think I should do both. To think of yourself as something, is to put a value or merit to who you are that is above that of someone else; which is much like that word 'kosmos' was meant to portray in the place of 'world' which Paul uses in verse 14. It is not our righteousness that we are to be looking to, but the righteousness of Jesus Christ alone!!! However, where we get sideways in this matter of works, is by not proving our work, as Paul speaks about in verse 4, but we store up our works, as though they have value in what we are; thus, building up fences of our own righteousness around the Grace that we have been given. There is a difference between proving something, and that of taking something unto our self; something which was not ours for the taking, but is meant to be for others. We that are children of God, born of the Spirit, and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, have something which we are to hold onto, and that is our burden; which is the burden of Christ's commandments verses the burden of our own responsibilities and failures... "Yea, doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I might win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I might know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippians 3:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment