Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Victorious In Jesus Christ"

Now that I can see plainly what it is that is restricting me, I have a new choice that is set before me; it is a simple choice of standing in Jesus Christ, and in Him alone! In other words; I can not even think about trying to walk in my strength, because I have none, that will do right; but the strength that I do have, is actually my weakness to do right and a strength to do wrong; or better said: a craftiness to sin. What do I mean by that, you might be wondering. Well, if you are, or even have to, then you are a better person than I; but, if you are like me, I do not just sin, like right out of the blue; my sin is usually well thought out, and planned, as to not be noticeable to those around me. So, if you were looking to find some kind of 'super saint' here, you need to keep on looking (good luck). Maybe now would be a good time to look at some of those other promises that are listed from chapter three, and up to: "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1) To start with, we should look at the truth of who we are, or are not, in verse 3:5, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." What this tells me, is that God is the One who is sufficient; He is the righteous One; He is the Holy One; He is the One who is worthy; He is my All in All. This great news, coupled with the previous promise we looked at in verse 6:16, that said, "as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people", lets me know that He is dwelling in me; which means that All that I need to be sufficient is in me, but not of me, it is of Him. This is something which I must hold close and not let go of, because so, so often I am looking for something outside to strengthen me, and yet, He is my strength from within! It is those things which are outside that are temporal, and quickly fade away; but that which is inside and of Him, is mighty to the tearing down of strongholds. I think a good example of what I am talking about, would be when Elijah fled to Mt. Horeb, which is found in 1 Kings 19. In this example, you see a mighty man of God who is afraid of evil, and who hides in a cave; but God spoke, and said, "What doest thou here, Elijah?" It really is a shame, how we let the things which are so temporal take the place of His Eternal Glory...and if you know the story, then you know also the ending thereof...He is our All in All...

No comments:

Post a Comment