Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Restricted By Sin"

Do you know what made that 'man of God' within me so powerful? I think I do: It was because he had no sin! That is exactly what made him Holy and set apart; and when I saw him coming up from within me, he appeared to be uncontainable, and yet, he was contained; contained by what? There is only one thing that can contain him, and that is sin; but it is not just 'the sin' that puts the genie back in the bottle, no, I really think it goes further than that; sin is just the result! What I am talking about is the desire for the sin; that is really what is containing 'the man of God' from bursting forth. It is the desire of this flesh, which wants to be kept satisfied; maybe not in the moment of celebration, but later on, after the lights are out, after the music has stopped and all is settled; that is when the flesh will get it's reward for being patient. Okay, I know: "Rich, you are sick!"; that's probably what you are saying; right? Or maybe right about now you feel a little sick yourself; as if someone just kicked you in the stomach? Because, that is how I feel! You see, this thing which causes me to be restricted is a yoke, and because it is a yoke, which is used to control me, it causes me to not go all the way forward; in other words, it is holding me back. This is how I see Paul speaking about being "unequally yoked"; and you could call it marriage if you want, because in a way, that is what it is; but sooner or later we have to divorce the things of this world, which means: quit fornicating, and quit committing adultery against God! That's what it is, don't you know? I hope you can see what it is that I am talking about. It is not necessarily the actual sin that is restricting me, but the desire for the sin, which lives on inside me, much longer than the actual sin; because, once I sin, I then repent (or at least confess) for that sin; however, where is the passion to sin no more? Or better yet: Where does it go? This is what I am talking about: the man of God that is within me, he has the power, he has the passion; but most of all, he has the Love for God to overcome the desires of the flesh; and do you know why he is so powerful? Simple enough: "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols ? for you are the Temple of The Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment