Monday, December 6, 2010

"Victorious In Jesus Christ" - 2

You know, there is something about the Word of God that just keeps on ministering to our needs; and I always get amazed by how He speaks to what we need, when we need it. Let me try and explain what I mean: "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His Knowledge by us in every place." (2 Corinthians 2:14) So, as I tried to find the place to reference 'Victory in Jesus Christ', I noticed something that I did not notice before; the last four verses of chapter two are grouped with the beginning of chapter three. Say I was a little off; or was God showing me something else first, so that I would better appreciate and understand where victory really comes from? Because now we have not only another promise, but we have the foundation to which all victory is won! Do you see what I see? Okay, let's try and walk through this together: First off, we not only have God dwelling in us, but we also have victory for every situation, and for every sin. This is not just because Jesus was victorious on the cross, but, because He is victorious in us; or better yet, because we are able to be victorious in Him who dwells within us. To which, I now have a better understanding of the next major promise that Paul declares, going back from chapter six, which is found in 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are new." This 'new creature' that Paul is speaking of is actually created by God (duh!); and when I say created by God, I mean that this 'new creature' is manifestly inherent in God. What does that mean? Okay, if you asked that; it means changed from evil to good; made superior and more splendid; and that is just speaking of 'new'. Because when you factor in the 'creature', which has been made new, what we are talking about now, is something that is totally separate from the old; as hard as that is to figure out! But, as Paul then goes on to explain in verse 18, "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation"; of which we are ministers of, not just because we have been reconciled, but because we have been reconciled in spite of ourselves! "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment