Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Cleaning My Tent"

"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21) As I was going to sleep last night, I thought about this verse, and as I began to pray about what it was God was showing me, I realized just how significant it is to 'be made the righteousness of God'. When you really stop and think about it, there is nothing more righteous than God, for He is Holy, Holy, Holy! Now stop, for just a moment and think about this: if we are made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, then what is this 'tent' in which we are dwelling in? As I thought about that last night, I was reminded of that famous bumper sticker again, you know, 'Christians are not perfect, just forgiven'; which I have not seen as often as I use to see it. But wait a minute, I think somebody did not get the memo; because the way I see it, we are made perfect in Christ Jesus, for the righteousness of God is about as perfect as you can get! So then; what seems to be the problem? Do you think it might just be this 'tent' that we are dwelling in? This temporary shelter that we are walking around in might be in need of a good old fashioned cleansing; I am talking about the kind that would be required for leprosy, which would require multiple times for the priest to come and inspect it, until it could finally be declared clean, and safe to inhabit. Really, what God had shown me last night, was a temporary Temple for God, much like the one which the children of Israel had to haul around in the wilderness, and setup everywhere they camped. And maybe, just maybe, it is our responsibility to keep this Temple of God clean, and in good working order; you know, like free from holes and looking as Holy as it possibly can. Now think about this: The priest who must inspect this dwelling to declare it clean; who is that priest? As I thought about that this morning, I was reminded of something else; we are called priests, and maybe one of the duties of being a priest, is to declared this tent clean! "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment