Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Jesus Is Lord Of All"

Let me tell you what I think the real problem is: if we are not the man or woman of God that we are to be, it is because we have not asked God to make us the way that we should be! I know, someone out there thinks it's not that easy, and you are right; but not for the reasons that you think you are. The real reason that it is not that easy, is because the very first thing we must do, is also the very last; and that is to Love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength. Keep it up, and never stop Loving Him; because those things which creep into our hearts and minds that cause us to fall, are things which have been allowed in by none other than ourselves. Do you think you can Love God enough to not want those things? Can we ask God to make us Love Him more? I believe we can, and we must! This is one of the primary roles of the Holy Spirit; to make us Love God, and to conform us to the image of Jesus Christ. The problem is this: He (the Holy Spirit) will not make us to do anything unless we ask (sometimes pleading) Him to do whatever it takes to complete that change in us. The bottom line is this: Jesus wants us to make Him Lord of All of our lives, not just the parts we want to surrender; and He wants to make us victorious in All areas of our lives, not just the parts we want to have victory over. We must surrender All, because if we do not, then we are going to find ourselves not having victory over much at all. It is kind of strange the way that works, don't you think? Do you know why that is? It is quite simple really; because the things which we do not surrender, end up being the things which we put first, before God, and our Love for Him; which then makes our heart more in love with those things, than it is in Love with God; which then sets our heart towards the things (sometimes all) of this world, even those things which we previously had victory over. As I set my mind towards God, I must remember that my mind will follow my heart; so if there is something which my mind is fixed upon, other than God, then I know that the change must first take place in my heart. And there is only One that can change my heart; but I must ask Him to!!! "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." (James 4:2-4) Jesus is Lord of All, or not at all !

No comments:

Post a Comment