Friday, December 10, 2010

"Cleaning My Tent" - 3

Right about now you might be wondering how we are to die to our flesh, yet also care for this tent? It really is quite simple; because even though they are one in the same, one is driven with a passion for the things of this world, while the other is only a tabernacle for our soul, which has a passion for Heaven, and is a dwelling place for God. This is the reason that cleaning this tent is so very important, because it is a dwelling place for God. And, if you really stop and think about it, one of the primary duties of a child of God, is to keep his or her room (tent) clean. It must be kept free from idols, and anything else that could be offensive to the God who is to dwell within it; otherwise, He won't; He can't, because He is Holy. I know that 'New Years Resolutions' are hardly ever kept, and it might seem silly to even try; however, this New Year I propose a time to keep those things which 'clean out our tents'. It's okay if no one else wants to join me; it is pretty much between God and myself anyways; but I want to proclaim a day of cleansing, so why not January 1st, 2011? When I look at my life, and the things which I have allowed, I can hardly tell the difference between myself and those that are of the world. This is what the Lord has meant by, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord". We must be separate, because this tent, although it is temporary, it also must be kept Holy; which means that it is our responsibility, as a children of God, to clean our rooms! And let me remind you of something, something which I know many of us are familiar with, and that is hiding stuff under the bed. It does not work!!! "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." (STAND) (2 Corinthians 10:3-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment