Thursday, May 27, 2010

ISAIAH 55:13 - "The Curse Reversed"

"And unto Adam He said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field: In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: For dust thou art, and unto dust shall thou return." (Genesis 3:17-19) We who are called, and have been chosen, have a choice set before us; whether we will live for the things of this world, or whether we will live for the things of God, and towards the New Home which is waiting for us. The things of this world are cursed, and have been every since the fall of man; but the things of God bring Life, and are not under the curse. I had mentioned before, more than once, that there are two types of Believers; those that are living their New Life in Christ as a person who is just Forgiven; and then there are those that are Living their New Life in Christ as One who is Glorified. Some will debate this type of illustration, and claim that there is no difference in those that are in Christ. Well, I will be glad to debate this topic with whom ever would like to step up and duke it out; because I have lived both lives, and know it to be so. You see, when I first received Jesus Christ into my heart, I started out my New Life in Christ as a Glorified Believer. Actually, it really came naturally; and it was apparent to me and everyone that knew me, that I was no longer living for this world. From the time I woke up in the morning, until the time I went to sleep at night, I had my the eyes of my heart fixed upon the Prize. Everything that went on in my life was for a purpose; even if I did not know what that purpose was, it still mattered towards God, and towards His Kingdom. Even my prayer life was specifically towards the things of God, and how I might be used of Him. But then something happened; I began to focus more and more upon the things of this world. I started looking more at my own circumstances here, as a father, and as a husband; focusing more on the things required to better my life here; instead of focusing upon the things that really mattered; which were the things that were not of this world. Even my prayer life changed; to the point where I prayed more for God's help in gaining control of my finances, or things that pertained to this world; instead of praying for lost souls, and the things of His Kingdom. Which really meant that instead of praying for how I might be used for His Kingdom, I was praying for how His Kingdom might be used for me. I other words; I was living the life of a 'Forgiven Believer'; which means that I was living my life as a saved person just trying to make it through this world; instead of a Glorified Child of God, that is no longer of this world. There is a difference! But; If you want to look at it another way; the two different types of Believers are the same person; just the same person making different choices. What it really comes down to is this: One chooses to be free from the curse; while the other chooses to live in the curse. But, really there is no need to live any longer under the curse, because the curse has been reversed! "Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the briar shall come up the myrtle tree: And it shall be to the Lord for a Name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 55:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment