Monday, May 10, 2010

ISAIAH 55:10 & 11 - "Let It Flow"

"Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue in My love." (John 15:8 & 9) Let's think again about something we may have overlooked from yesterday's post. What do you think that could be? It has something to do with 'Letting Our Light Shine"; do you know what that is? Okay, how about this: What do we need to do in order to know how to walk? How about this for an answer: We need to know how to walk! But how do we know that? That's simple: By Walking! So then, How do we let our Light shine? Are you thinking? Still pondering? I know, it's just to hard to figure out; isn't it? There has to be more to it than that! You know, the hardest thing that we learned as a child, was how to walk. It was hard, and took months of training our minds, to be able to even accept the fact that we could do it. Even after months of stepping forward, we still would walk as if we were on stilts. But after we trained our mind to accept the fact that we could do it, it came naturally. So, how do we let our Light shine? When I joined the Navy in 1976, I wanted to work on engines; but the Navy tested my abilities, and thought I was best suited to work with electricity; go figure. My favorite job on board ship was the 'Safety Shop'; which was actually the 'Tool Shack', where people would go to check out power tools, and to drop off power tools that needed repair. I had 'Buffer Detail', and I was actually pretty good at it. I even lined them up in ranks; there were that many. Why were there so many floor buffers that needed to be fixed: Solenoids; which was a device used to start the electrical motor to spin. The problem was, that it was not intended to be shut off and on the way it was being shut off and on. Have you ever used a floor buffer? The second most needed replacement item was the power cord; Why? From letting go of that crazy thing, and then it winds it's cord around itself. Now why was I talking about this, oh yea; the one thing that I discovered rather quickly about electricity, is that there three things needed in order for it to work: a source, a conductor, and a load. Did you get that? No? Okay, for our average world; the source would be the outlet on the wall; the conductor would be the cord that gets plugged into that outlet; and the load would be whatever was on the other side of the cord. But here's the thing, it still does not work until you turn on whatever is plugged into that outlet. In order for the electrical current to flow, the circuit must be completed, which is what a switch is for; and then electricity works, because there is a load, which mean that there is something that is using the electricity to operate. So how do we let our Light shine? I am thinking of a song: "This little heart of mine, I'm going to let it shine". To be a Light for Jesus, we must let His Light shine through us; and how do we do that? How about by letting His Light shine through us? It really is that simple! There is a flow that must take place, where we are actually using the source of that Light; where our lives are the conductor to provide a Light source to a world in darkness. And then what is the load? Do you need to ask that? Look around you, and you won't need to look far to see someone that is lost, blind, condemned, and dead; and guess what? We have the Light that they need within us!!! When we look at things from God's point of view, we can start to understand what we must do; we must be about our Father's business...And what is His business? Love!!! He loves us; we must love Him; and when we love Him, we keep His commands. "If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love. These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is My commandment, That You Love One Another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". (John 15:10-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment