Friday, May 14, 2010

ISAIAH 55:10 & 11 - "Bread To The Eater" - 2

"Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? Hearken diligently unto Me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." (Isaiah 55:2) I am sorry for the growl yesterday; it is just that I know that there are many which do not understand what it is that I am saying. How do I know that? Because half the time, I don't even know what I am saying; it really depends from where I am looking, that I can even grasp what it is that God is speaking into my heart. If you noticed, I said my heart and not my mind; because my mind wants to take the things which God speaks into my heart and rearrange them to allow me take His will and conform it to my will. When what I should, and must be doing, is to conform my will to His will. This is not works that we are talking about here! I am not saying we must work in order to experience God's Grace! I am saying that when we do His will for our lives, what ever that is for us individually, that is when we are being filled, because our lives are being fulfilled, because we are fulfilling His will for our lives. Besides, it is only labour when it does not satisfy; when we are satisfied by doing what we should be doing, then really we are not experiencing work, but rather it is enjoyment. I remember when I was a very small child, my Mother would make my favorite treats; Graham Crackers with chocolate frosting in the middle. She would always have to hide them from me, or put them somewhere where I could not reach them. Do you think that would stop me? No way; I would labour for hours into the night to get to that cookie jar. Did I think that was work? No way; that was a quest, and the harder it got, the more determined I became. I do remember she caught me once; I had reached a small dilemma and was trying to figure it out, so I was taking longer than usual to get the prize; but I knew that the jar was in the cabinet above the refrigerator, and somehow I had made my way to the top of the refrigerator; but the problem I had faced was that I could not open the cabinet, because I was in the way. So here I was sitting on top of the refrigerator, pondering how I should solve this dilemma, and here was my Mother opening the refrigerator to get a drink of water. She finally saw me, as she began to drink the water; which she almost choked on. I remember her asking me over and over, 'How did you get up there?'; and when I finally told her, she gave me one of those treats. It is not labour when we are going after something which is more valuable to us than what it takes to get there; in fact, the climb is really a joy when we are focused on the prize. Would I have figured out a way to get that jar? You bet I would have, in fact I was about ready to make my move when she came in; I was actually surprised that she did not notice the door cracked open, when she opened it; because that was my ladder to the top: the door! We might say, 'But those people you listed yesterday were all specially equip to serve God'; to that I would say, "True; True". Yes they were; they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. That was their equipping; was being filled with the Spirit of God; but they also had something else in common, and that was a desire to be with Jesus. This was more important to them than anything that this world could offer; nothing could compare to the great and glorious day when they could see Jesus. For some, this would be a great reunion, but for others it would be home; and not just any home, but the ultimate home for all eternity. Look at Stephen and Philip; these were men who were chosen to serve tables. That was what they were appointed to do, was to serve widows and orphans. Do you see what God did through them? After the death of Stephen, Acts 8:4 says that the church was scattered abroad, but that they went preaching the Word. In verse 5, we see Philip in Samaria preaching Christ; but then in verse 26 it says, "And the angel of the Lord spake to Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert." So Philip goes, and then there was a Ethiopian treasurer traveling home after worshipping in the Temple at Jerusalem; and he was traveling in his chariot, and sat reading the book of Isaiah. In verse 29 it says, "Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot." So what does Philip do; he runs up to, and along side this chariot as it is going down the road; listening to this man from Ethiopia read the Book of Isaiah; then asked him if he understood what he was reading. So Philip comes up into the chariot, witnesses to the man, then they stop for the man to be baptized, and then watch what happens to Philip. Verse 39 & 40: "And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went away rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus; and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea." I don't know if you realize what just was said, but the way I figure it, Philip had just traveled at least 160 miles, by foot; or rather, by Spirit. He went from Samaria, south to the desert below Jerusalem to Gaza, which was about 80 miles; then when he was caught away and taken to Azotus, that was about 30 miles; and then up to Caesarea, which was at least 60 miles. When it says that he was caught away, the word is 'harpazo', which is the same word that we get for the Rapture, which is found in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. Basically, what I am trying to say, is that we are not required to be superhuman, but we are required to be obedient, if we want to experience all that God has for us to experience. Can you see that yet? It is not about works; it is about fulfillment! "Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who For The Joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the Throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1 & 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment