Friday, May 21, 2010

ISAIAH 55:12 - "PRESSING ON"

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14) I know that there might be some that wonder what 'Not Judging Others' and 'Loving Others' have to do with this twelfth verse of Isaiah, and "To go out with joy, and be led forth with peace". Well, just in case you were; there is something which restricts the flow of Joy and Peace in our hearts, and it is called 'bitterness'. This is a nasty little monster, straight from the pit of hell, that many do not even know that they harbor within their hearts. But really, we can not fully experience the Joy of the Lord, and the Peace which passes all understanding, if we are harboring bitterness within our hearts. How do we know if there is any bitterness in there? Quite simply, if we are judging others! It really is not to hard to tell if we do or not; because we continually will measure the lives of others up to a standard that we have established, which we fell is right, or the way they should be walking. Looking at the outward appearance of others, and comparing our walk to theirs. You see, we are all One Body, and because we are all different, we make up a diverse Body of Believers; but we all really have the same goal: "The Prize of the High Calling of God in Jesus Christ". And just what is that Prize? 'A Glorious Church'. That is really what it is all about. God has made way for us to be One with Him; and this which He has established is the final result of what Jesus died on the cross for; that there would be a place where We will all be together as One. So, when we start to have thoughts against a Brother or a Sister that are not edifying, we must rebuke those thoughts from our minds, and focus with love in our hearts on the things which are of Jesus. Do you understand what I just said? In other words; we must be looking to those things which bring Glory to God in the lives of others, instead of the things which tear down, or are contrary to bringing Glory to the Body of Christ. It really is quite simple if you stop and think about it. When ever we think ill of another, we are storing up bitterness within our hearts; and this bitterness can then cause our hearts to become hard to the real Joy of the Lord; actually we can feel the pain of that bitterness, instead of the joy which we should be feeling. Do you wonder how that is? Because we may not even realize that it is there. It is kind of like a groaning within our spirit, which knows what we have done is wrong, but that we tend to ignore, and push it aside as if it just comes with the territory. When in reality, this groaning is telling us that somethings wrong; that there is something that needs to be dealt with within our hearts which is holding us back from knowing the real peace and joy that is available. I know this might sound like I am splitting hairs here, but this is something I feel is deeply wrong in not only our churches, but also within myself. I know what my problem is, and I have wrestled with this more than once. But it has a tendency to creep back into my heart over and over again. I think it stems from the fact that I always want to feel better about myself; so one way that I can, is by looking for the flaws in others. The problem with that line of thinking is that we are all One Body; and if you don't like the way you look in the mirror, you will not be happy with yourself. "Finally, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment