Sunday, May 16, 2010

ISAIAH 55:12 - "Proclaimed"

"Which things we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:13 & 14) As we can see by the Ethiopian's result in salvation, that God's Word does not return void; for even if those that proclaimed His word, did not really know what it stood for, it was proclaimed none the less. We can only feel that much more assured that the Word we share with others, will be more than just received, even though it may not appear that it has; it will have been planted. The word 'proclaim' means: To announce, or to publish; but it also means: "To govern by proclamation". And the word 'Proclamation' means: "A decree set forth by a Sovereign, or Supreme Ruler"; in other words, for those that are called, that He has chosen, their lives are governed by the proclamation of His Word which He has spoken; thus is the meaning of predestination. I think a good illustration of this is found in 1 Corinthians chapters 2 & 3; even though it might be confusing at first reading it, Paul is trying to put forth, to whoever will listen, that he is not preaching as a man, or from a human perspective; but rather by the Spirit, and in a spiritual perspective. In other words, it is the Spirit of God that must reveal to someone what is Truth; because to the world, the gospel message is foolishness, but to those that are called, it is Life. We do not know who they are which His Word is meant for; in fact, they do not even know who they are; but the Spirit does. Thus is the great mystery of predestination fulfilled; because we that are His, have been chosen from the foundations of the world. We did not know that we were prior to receiving Christ into our hearts, but as soon as we did, we knew that we were. Likewise, we do not know to whom we should be sharing with, but God knows; rather, we should just be obedient to follow what the Spirit tells us to do; because God knows what He is doing, even though we may not. Someone sows, another waters, and then another reaps; but we they all work together to bring about what God has ordained, or proclaimed. When I think back in my own life, I can remember a time in Sunday School; I can't remember when exactly, but I was very young. But I remember seeing a picture of Jesus standing at a door and knocking; and I remember singing the song "Yes Jesus Loves Me". This I believe was the Seed that was planted within my heart. Then after that, and over a period of at least 15 years, there were people that came into my life and watered that seed. Until that glorious day in September of 1981, when that plant was finally harvested. I had no clue, but God did; which is why the Spirit came upon me and led me to attend that church service, to hear a message. Little did I know that it was the message meant for me to receive; but God knew. That man that was sent there that day with that message, whether it was a canned message, one prepared that morning, or one that the Spirit just spoke forth; that message had already been prepared in my heart to receive. How is that? I am not sure actually, but this much I do know: God knew me before I was in my Mother's womb, and as I look back upon my life, I can see that I was always filled with questions of why, and from what, and for what, and to what end. I had always tried to look for the things which were not obvious; and when that seed was planted so long ago about who Jesus was, and why He came; and then through many years of seeking answers in wrong places; there were people sent to water that seed, and to nourish it; until the glorious day. The message that God had prepared for my heart that day, my heart had been prepared to receive. Then after I had received it, my life was changed in that very instant; and I did go out with Joy; Joy abundantly. The more I shared what God had done, the more Joy I received; I could not even give it away. "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: you are God's husbandry, you are God's building." (1 Corinthians 3:6-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment