Tuesday, September 17, 2024

"Something Has Got to Give" - Too

 "It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7:5 KJV)

  "Then Job spoke again: "How long will you torture me? How long will you try to crush me with your words? You have already insulted me ten times. You should be ashamed of treating me so badly. Even if I have sinned, that is my concern, not yours. You think you are better than I am, using my humiliation as evidence of my sin. But it is God who has wronged me, capturing me in his net."" (Job 19:1-6 NLT)

 Sorry for skipping a verse! I totally overslept yesterday, believe it or not; that is something that hardly ever happens. I could blame it on getting old, but then I might accept it as being okay, which it is not! This time is very important to me, and I don't want to make light of how praying and hearing God's word is the special time of my day.

 Putting this aside, I will try to understand why there are some believers that might be falling for the lies and the insults against someone that truly does want to make America better, again! I'm sorry if that is not something that shouldn't be talked about, as if it is not really a Christian thing to do. But why isn't it? 

 This might be the strangest election year that I have ever seen. If you don't mind, this might be the last chance we will have to actually have a vote that counts, if it even gets counted! Personally, I don't see it happening; and if it does, somehow happen, there will be all sorts of opposition and revolt from the other side. But most likely not from us! We will just take it, call it God's will, and move on...

""I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against - or two in favor and three against."" (Luke 12:49-52 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment