Sunday, September 1, 2024

"The Invitation"

 "That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it is man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he." (Ecclesiastes 6:10 KJV)

 "So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen. Well then, you might say, "Why does God blame people for not responding? Haven't they simply done what he makes them do?" No, don't say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, "Why have you made me like this?" When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have the right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into?" (Romans 9:18-21 NLT)

 I'm pretty sure this was meant to be for someone else; but God uses even the simple minded and foolish people in this world, as a testimony to His wonderful and powerful grace and mercy! As I was thinking about the message God has me to share this morning, I was reminded of the most important part, that it is not about me and the message that I might share; it is about Him, and the message that has been given!

 I really think that we sometimes forget that, because God is already planting seeds in hearts, that His word will not return void; He will accomplish that which He has sent it to do! It was the same for my salvation, so many years ago. I had no clue, why I needed to go to that service, but just felt that I needed to go. It was because God had prepared a certain message that was meant for me to hear; and I listened!

 No matter what I might say, God will say what He wants to say, and to whomever He chooses. We are just jars of clay; some of us are seriously broken, and some of us are bright and polished; but all of us are molded and made to minister in ways that overwhelm, even the hardest of hearts. 

 That is pretty much my point, for this moment. We should never try to be something that we are not; but we should be willing to let God use us, for what we were made for...

"He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. The wind blows, and we are gone - as though we had never been here. But the love of the LORD remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children's children of those who are faithful to his covenant, to those who obey his commandments! The LORD has made the heavens as his throne; from there he rules over everything." (PSALM 103:10-19 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment