Saturday, September 7, 2024

"Tip of the Spear" -2

 "For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?" (Ecclesiastes 6:12 KJV)

  "I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them as worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" (Philippians 3:7-11 NLT)

 I am sorry about yesterday's post; as it was, most of the people I shared my feelings with, did not feel the same, saying that the father deserved to be arrested for giving his son a gun. I was given a shotgun when I was 12, by my grandfather. Although he owned a ranch and there were many things to do, like hunt racoons at night, and have target practice by day; I guess life was not the same back in the early 70's. I also had a Tennesse-Toothpick and a hatchet, which I got rather good a throwing both of them; enough to take out a snake, if it happened to cross my path. 

 Anyway, this world has gotten out of sorts; but regardless of what might happen here, God is still on the throne, and Jesus has still defeated sin and death! Which is what I think we need to stay focused upon, even though everything might be falling apart around us, Christ Jesus still holds it all together, every last bit! 

 All that Solomon is asking, has already been answered: It was answered on the cross of Christ! Everything from Asaph's temporary issue to Job's worries about life and his children; there was nothing left undone or that was not addressed, which wasn't covered by the blood of Christ when He hung upon that cross.

 When Jesus said, "It is finished," all that had fallen was restored, for all that are willing to believe! Oh, there is more to come, that much is certain; but the curse was undone, and we can now live forever with Christ; which actually started in your life, the day you said Yes to Christ Jesus! 

 Oddly enough, it started in your life here, living under the sun; however, you had been waiting for that moment ever since you were born; you just didn't know it. Jesus was looking towards the cross, from the beginning of creation; ever since the command, "Let there be light," He was preparing for what He would do, and we were already chosen. 

 Not so you might get confused by what was just said, we have no clue what shall be after, while living under the sun! However, the moment you accept Christ into your heart, everything changes, and you have been set free from the curse. No longer is death the end; peace and joy enter in; and you have a hope, the kind of hope that cannot be taken from you, as long as you abide in Christ! 

 I watched a movie at the theater earlier in the week, what was based upon belief; but to my surprise, it was based upon believing in ourselves. At the end of the movie, there was a funeral for someone that many people admonished, who died from cancer. When his best friend was done sharing about some of the memories he had with him, he said, "On thing is certain, we don't get to leave this earth alive." 

 Well, I objected to that statement, saying that this body doesn't, but my soul certainly does! This much I believe with all of my heart! I believe it because of Jesus Christ and the finished work that He completed on the cross! So, who can know what shall be after this body dies? Well, I know that I will be no longer under the sun, but I will be with the Son...  

"So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun. And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We are speaking for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be an offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:16-21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment