Saturday, September 14, 2024

"Serious Business"

 "The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning: but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth." (Ecclesiastes 7:4 KJV)

  "Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask." Jesus told her, "Your brother will rise again." "Yes," Martha said, "he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day." Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this Martha?"" (John 11:21-26 NLT)

 As we creep forward towards the election, I am feeling less optimistic about there being a good result. Not that I worry about what might happen, because that is not something I believe any Christian should be worried about; God is the one who is in charge, if He wants this nation to fall, then it is going to happen, whether we like it or not. 

 I watched the movie, "Reagan", yesterday. It was much better than I thought it would be. As it was, Jon Voight was the one that was telling the story, as a former KGB agent, who was more like an Analyst than a spy, he was showing the way Reagan was made to be the one that would take down the Soviet Union, without even firing a shot. 

 Watching the news last night, Pope Frances was casting both Trump and Harris as the choice between two evils: Harris because of her stance on abortion, and Trump because of his stance on the border. Well, help me try to understand where this logic comes from, because from where I sit, the border is a problem that needs to be fixed, not left alone! 

 Moving on: This is really all about being serious about the wrong that happens around us, even if it does not happen to us personally, it is still something we need to care about. Think of it as you like, but the fool is just focused upon himself, what pleasures he or she might get, regardless of what might be happening to anyone else. 

 Without saying too much about what I really think, let me just tell you what is very easy to see: One of the people running for President is sacrificing a very lot to make a difference; while the other is living off the people, hoping to live off the people even more. Which one is going to treat you right? 

 Again, regardless of the outcome, the church will continue to endure; whether we are still together or we are torn apart. If we are still together, we will continue as we have, making disciples that make disciples; but if we are torn apart, we will be martyrs making martyrs. Either way, we will endure...

"For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." (Romans 14:7-8 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment