Sunday, August 27, 2023

"We Are One!"

 "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:21 KJV)

  ""They will be my people, and I will be their God. And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of their descendants. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me."" (Jeremiah 32:38-40 NLT)

 Not that we are changing the conversation, because we can't, not without forgetting that our children are meant to be with us in Heaven! Yes, it's true, you are expected to train your children up to know the Lord, to desire to follow His commands, and to pass on to their children, all that you have passed on to them. It is most important that you do not ignore to show them your ability to ask for forgiveness! Both from anyone you might have done wrong to, and especially from God! They must truly understand that we need to forgive, in order to be forgiven; if we do not forgiven others, we are not honoring the Lord, nor are we showing love to one another. 

 Moving on; it is not all that difficult to understand that we are all one body, as Christ is the head, we are all members of His Body! Whether or not you get along, you only hurt yourself if you don't, but you will nurture and heal yourself, if you can make it your goal to get along with everyone that is a believer! Not to be weird, but it is a lot like a being married: if you tear down your spouse, you are only tearing down yourself in the prosses, because you have been united as one. 

 This might be one of the hardest things for us to get right, to simply get along! We really don't have to agree on every little thing, but we must never forget we are family first and foremost, no matter what we might argue about, we still stick together! I have experienced too much of this, firsthand. And it hurts me to say this, but the ones who get hurt the most are the ones that refuse to forgive! Their children are the ones who seem to get sifted like wheat, having seen their parents turn on those they should have loved. 

 Anywho, that's my two cents worth, for whatever it's worth...

"The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. Some of us are Jews, some of us are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit." (1 Corinthians 12:12-13 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment