Sunday, August 13, 2023

"Safe & Secure"

 "And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them." (John 17:10 KJV)

  "Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority." (Colossians 2:8-10 NLT)

 I know that the things I say sometimes are strange, but I only say what I feel the Lord is showing me; and most of what is seen, as crazy as it might sound, are just shadows and glimpses of what is really being revealed. In other words, I can't see the full picture; as far as that goes, I'm pretty sure that I am not alone when it comes to decerning the things of God. As Paul says, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

 Now, regarding this title and why "Safe & Secure" is assured by what Jesus is praying. The key to that is the part that says, "and I am glorified in them." As with Paul's word in Colossians, there are many ways to try are portray how salvation works; most of the wrong ways, show how you must do this or that, in some sort of work or fashion, in order to maintain your salvation or, shall we say, prove that you are really saved and abiding in Christ. 

 As Paul tries to show, when we are saved, we are made complete in Christ, which basically means, you really don't need to do anything else, but abide in the saving power of Christ Jesus. If you died today, even though you haven't had a chance to do anything for the Lord, you would still be saved and have the eternal life the Christ has given you. 

 I heard a massage from Pastor Jon, several years ago, where he had shown how heaven will have a Temple, as fashioned like the original Temple, where there is a Holy place, and the Holy of Holies. One will be where those that served themselves will be serving others; while the other will be where those that served others will be serving and standing before God. 

 Not quite sure that will be the case; but regardless, I will be more than happy to just be in the Temple of God, no matter what I will be, or be doing: a fly on the wall, will suit me quite nice! As I shared several years ago, about a vision I had while reading Isaiah 6:1, where it says, "He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple." 

 The way it happened; was that I am meditating upon that train of His robe, and it looked as though it was the train of a bride's dress, with the webbing and patterns of delicate stitching's. As I looked closer and closer, I could see that there were people who made up the robe's fabric. So, I started to stare more closely, and I suddenly saw myself within the fabric of the robe! 

 I will be okay with that, also...

"You are coming to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God's temple. He was rejected by people, but he was chosen by God for great honor. And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God. As the Scriptures say, "I am placing a cornerstone in Jerusalem, chosen for great honor, and anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced." Yes, you who trust him recognize the honor God has given him. But for those who reject him, "The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone." And, "He is the stone that makes them fall." They stumble because they do not obey God's word, and so they meet the fate that was planned for them." (1 Peter 2:4-8 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment