Saturday, August 5, 2023

"The Consummation"

 "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou hast gavest me to do." (John 17:4 KJV)

  "As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me - the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me, but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:6-8 NLT)

 Looking at this verse, it is not really that hard to understand what Jesus means when He says that He has finished the work; the rest of what needs to be done, will be worked out by those who will punish Him and crucify Him on the cross! It's all downhill from here! 

 That was pretty much Paul's same conclusion, in his final letter! There really was nothing left to do, except just allow what was coming next to happen; let them chop off his head! Crazy, I know; but the most important thing that Paul tells Timothy, is that he was going to receive a crown! In other words, he would still have his head, completely restored. He wouldn't be standing there in heaven holding his head, as the proof of his service to the Lord.

 Without getting too weird, it is much like a woman who remains pure all the way up to her wedding day. All her life she has remained faithful and obedient to her commitment to remain pure. When that day comes, she will freely give herself to her husband... 

""Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the LORD rises to shine on you. Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the LORD rises and appears over you."" (Isaiah 60:1-2 NLT) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment