Saturday, August 12, 2023

"Fortified"

 "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine." (John 17:9 KJV) 

  "There were many priests under the old system, for death prevented them from remaining in office. But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf." (Hebrews 7:23-25 NLT)

 I would like to take this morning's post as a dedication to my wife as today is the 20th anniversary of her surgery that put her into the condition, she currently is in. God allows us to go through certain things, even if it might be something that breaks our heart, He knows what we can endure, even though we don't think we can, He gives us strength, one day at a time! 

 The reason I am bringing this up, besides what day it is, is because of what I believe Jesus is saying, and we it is that He says, "I pray not for the world." If you can, please try are follow the point I am trying to make, because one slight distraction, and you might not understand the true meaning. 

 First of all, I do not believe Jesus doesn't care about the world, because it was for the sake of the world that He came; for the sake of this world, He will be giving up His life on the cross! No, it is really not the world that He is talking about, but the life we endure here on this world, as God's children. 

 To put it another way, we are no longer of this world, the moment we are born again, we become a child of God. As Paul writes in Galatians 6:14, "Because of the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." 

 Therefore, the things that pertain to this world, such as, death and dying, they have no hold on us, we are no longer citizens of this world; we are immune to death, and it no longer is something to be feared. And, in regard to certain trials, tribulations, and circumstances, each and everything, no matter how tragic or brutal it might seem, we are protected! Even if it kills us, we are not touched by the loose of this mortal body. 

 If that might not make sense, let me place it in a little different light: We have a life that is living in the flesh, which is living in this world, there is no doubt about that; but that life here is really no longer attached to this world, we basically are just hanging around, waiting to go home to be with the Lord! Additionally, we have a life, eternal, that is placed in Heaven, waiting for time to pass here, as that life is not associated with time anymore. 

 I hope I didn't lose you, because it is pretty for out there! Basically, what I am trying to say, is that our life in Christ is secure, no matter what might happen here, on this temporary earth. And I know that 20 years is a long time for someone to be hanging around in a Persistent Vegetative State; believe me, I weep quite often for God to heal her or take her, like anytime soon! But she is still hanging around, so it is my duty to keep taking care of her, the best that I can.  

 One day at a time, God still keeps speaking, He still keeps working, He still keeps giving me, one more day. The day will soon come, sooner than we might think, when one more day will be a thing of the past...

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance - an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see. So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - though your faith is more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." (1 Peter 1:3-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment