Wednesday, August 9, 2023

"The Source"

 "Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee." (John 17:7 KJV)

  "Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny." (Ecclesiastes 6:10 NLT)

 Not sure how to explain this, because there are several different ways to interpret what Jesus is saying. If the most obvious way is correct, then the power He has to do all of His miracles is from the Father. On the other hand, if the source of His power is because He is the Son of God, then it would be given Him due to His deity, as the Son. Either way, the source is linked and connected with the Father! 

  As for the verse from, "The Preacher," I found it to be interesting how Jesus acknowledged all the things that were done or happened, "so that the Scriptures would be fulfilled." In just about every circumstance, there was something already written about, in one way or another, saying who or why it would happen. 

 In this case, there is another direction to look at this, which is the prelude to the Gospel of John: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." As I have previously said, it is believed by many that the first 18 verses of John's Gospel message is a prelude to prepare the reader for what is going to be said about Jesus' ministry here on earth. 

 More than that, it is thought by some, that John added the first 18 verses after he had written all the rest, with the exception of verse 21:25, which says, "And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." 

 There is something to say about the power of God's Word! No pun intended! When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, He said, "God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24 KJV) What is truth? To start, Truth is a noun, which places it in the category of a person, a place, or a thing; which would make it something tangible, or as defined: 'A body of real things, events, and facts.' 

 You really can't make this up, because what has been declared, will happen; no matter what anyone says or does, it is already done and settled. Which reminds me of something I was thinking about last night as I fell asleep. As far as wicked people go, Manasseh was Judah's longest raining king, but he was also considered to be the most wicked king of all. Yet, he repented at the end of his life; finally realizing the LORD alone is God, encouraged the people to worship the LORD, and prayed to God himself; and God listened... 

"The LORD says, "I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am!' to a nation that did not call on my name. All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes."" (Isaiah 65:1-2 NLT) 



No comments:

Post a Comment