Tuesday, August 8, 2023

"The Chosen Ones" - Too

 "I have manifested the name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word." (John 17:6 KJV)

  "Yet you brought me safely from my mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." (Psalm 22:9-10 NLT)

 If you don't know this by now, you should begin a little study in the Scriptures and see for yourself; God knew who you are and what you would be, long before you were born! We have a Father in Heaven that not only knows us, but He watches over us; even when we are doing wrong and wicked things; He will correct us, chastise us, and always love us, because He knows the plans, He has made for us! 

 All my life I have believed in God; even though there were times when I knew not who He was or how I needed to have any sort of real relationship, I still would call out and pray to Him; especially, every time I felt alone and afraid. Looking back, I can see that His hand was upon my life, protecting me, rescuing me, and placing me in areas where I would, somehow, gain a little more information about His love. 

 There are some that try to say that God does not speak to the wicked, therefore, if you have not yet been saved, God does not speak to you. I say, Hogwash to that! If you are going to be God's children, then you have always been God's children. Each and every one of us that have answered the call and accepted Jesus into our hearts, were waiting for that moment, without knowing what we were actually waiting for, to say. "Yes," to His free offer of eternal life. 

 This is not about us having no free will to choose on our own, because we must make the choice; but God is well aware of those who will embrace Him and those who will not. We, on the other hand don't have the slightest idea; neither does anyone else! You are chosen, so you must accept that and believe that He chose you for something good and is doing a work in you. 

 Once you can honestly and totally accept that, then you will have a better chance of being able to trust Him, even when you might think you have disappointed Him. This is nothing you can do that He did not already know you would do; and He chooses you anyways... 

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." (Ephesians 1:3-8 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment