Wednesday, August 23, 2023

"Free From the Guilt of Sin"

 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17 KJV)

  "Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand. But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." (2 Corinthians 3:12-18 NLT)

 Just a different day, that's all I am going to say about that! As the Scriptures say: "It is the LORD'S mercies that are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him." (Lamentations 3:22-24 KJV)

 As long as I believe in what the Lord has done in me, I will continue to be upright and free from the guilt of sin, (though sin still lurks and torments me, from time and time again,) because the LORD's mercies are not consumed! He paid the price for it all, and there is nothing there to haunt me, but what I make to be my burden! 

 This is what we do, keep bring us old reelects of things gone by, making the things of the past be the things of the present, causing the present things to be muffled and clouded out by those things have no more power over us, but what we allow! Just give it all to the Lord and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit! Feed on the Spirit, not on the flesh! 

 Paul makes this part of something we must do, to overcome the guilt, as it tends to haunt us, even though we know that we have been forgiven. As he is made humble by the remembrance of the things he has done, but using that humility to rely more and more upon the power of the cross, and the work that is ahead; which is not only more important, but far more glorious...

 "I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made." (Philippians 3:12-16 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment