Wednesday, August 16, 2023

"The Disciples in the World"

  ""Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

 "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one - as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."" (John 17:13-21 NLT)

 "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." (Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV)

 Oddly enough, there is more to this than meets the eye! We are pilgrims on the planet, but we are to be busy, doing all that God might put upon our hearts, while we are able. There are all sorts of ways we can see our way around here, between two totally different ways to plan your way. One, is the person that gets the assignment, and then heads out to get it done, while the other sits patiently waiting for God to provide the means and the way to accomplish whatever it is he must do. 

 Taking a look at how Jesus prays to the Father, one might think He is speaking in way to inform the Father, as if the Father needs to know all that He has done. I hardly think that is the case; rather this is simply the way that we acknowledge the work we might do, whatever it might be, it should be God's will and purpose for our lives. Therefore, we are to put it in that line of reference, as we pray that it be done, as the Father would have it be done. 

 As to the portion of Scripture through Ecclesiastes, it might seem like Solomon had lost touch with God, or that he had been living to much in the world, thereby becoming worldly. But I feel he has been placed in God's Love Letter, as it is just that, to show the Secular Humanist point of view, up against, the view that a Believer must adhere to, day by day! 

 Whether or not you feel the same way, that is totally up to you. But, if you would like to see things a little differently, there are two totally different points of view. One is that view that is under the sun, which basically means that you are a world dweller, that is considering all things under the sun. The other is that of a child of God, who sees all things under the Son, because you are no longer of this world, but a citizen of Heaven.

 For example, the very next portion of Scripture, makes the case for those who set out to do what God places upon their heart, without nothing being provided for them. They go forth, expecting that God will guide them, and whether it is good or bad, it is God's hand that will accomplish whatever it might be. 

 In other words, there is a time to sit and wait, and there is a time to get busy! If God is guiding your life, some will see it as chance, but you will know it is God doing what He does, and you are just His vessel...

"I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time." (Ecclesiastes 9:11 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment