Friday, August 18, 2023

"Our Strength" - Two

 "And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves." (John 17:13 KJV)

  "Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith." (Philippians 3:1 NLT)

 We should all know this by now, but it always needs to be something that we keep checking ourselves with: Is Jesus the Lord of your life? It really isn't hard to answer that question, because that is not one of the questions that you cannot answer! It is something you know, without a doubt, because you have done your best to allow Him to take control of your life.

 That might seem rather ambiguous, because there should be a little wiggle-room within that statement; but there is no way we can deny what we know, that He knows, because He is Lord! In Paul's letter to Philippi, he takes great care to express the need to be joyful, even in suffering, because that is when joy does the most work! When people see that you are suffering, yet joyful, they begin to wonder from what or where does your joy come from. 

 As I have previously shared, there are days when I break down and cry, sometimes uncontrollably; but it is usually just between me and God, because I really don't want to act as though I need sympathy or help. The last time I was at Wednesday night service, I was planning to leave early, so I stayed back in the, 'Cry Room,' and I cried! It wasn't because I was sad, because I really just felt the Lord was showing me how much He loved me, and realized that I sometimes didn't show it, as I should. 

 It really doesn't take too much little things to set me off, because they are easy to overcome; but you hand me something of great importance, and it goes straight to the throne of God, without even thinking twice about it! We must be careful about those little things, because those are the things, we can easily express, in front of those that see us the most. 

 Having said all of that, I earnestly pray for the strength to not let the little things mass me up. And it mostly appears that might be the thorn in my side, that the Lord keeps me from getting rid of; or maybe that is my excuse to keep letting it happen! Be that as it may, the joy of the Lord comes from being at peace with God! When you have peace with God, joy comes naturally...

 "Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." (Philippians 2:1-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment