Saturday, April 1, 2023

"Make This Work!" - To

 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (John 13:34 KJV)

  "This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." (1 John 4:10 NLT)

 Understandably, loving each other as we should, although it should be easy, it does require effort and some discipline on our part to make it happen. We do have some help, when we slow down enough to listen and obey the Holy Spirit.

 That is my biggest problem, in that I am always somewhere else in my mind, and it is hard to slow down enough to be in the present. Jesus was busy too, but He always used interruptions as an opportunity to do something in the moment! That is something I must continue to pray for; and when it happens, I must remember that God is allowing me to do what I asked, not thinking about whatever else I was planning to do as more important. 

 This is not about doing something for something, as if we are looking for a reward! This is about giving up something for the sake of honoring the One that gave His all for us! We love Him, because He first loved us! To honor Him, is to do that which He requires of us, as if it is our obligation and because we love Him back, as we should! 

 Hopefully we get that and understand why there are certain things that we are required to do. After all, we are servants, first and foremost: we owe Him our lives...

"Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us." (1 John 4:11-12 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment