Friday, April 14, 2023

"No Other Way"

 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6 KJV)

  "Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God." (Revelation 19:11-13 NLT)

 Next time you get a chance to speak to someone that might question who Jesus really is, make sure that you tell them about this section of Revelation, because this title was His! As I have shared before, John's Gospel was believed to have been started at verse 19 of chapter One; and then John added the first 18 verses as a prelude to his Gospel Message, letting the readers know the Deity of Jesus Christ, right off the bat! 

 There are so many things that I learned during my first week of this New Life, of which, this was the thing that was most important and meant the most: Jesus is God! There is no doubt about that, because it is just too clearly written, a person that denies it, must make themselves to deny that it isn't true. Plus, they also might have a little help, spiritual help, from the powers of darkness. 

 The first thing I did, as a New Believer, was to make a crossword puzzle to show all the references to Jesus and His Deity. The puzzle was really not for publishing or giving out for entertainment, it, as with this blog, was meant for me and my enjoyment. And yes, most days this blog is for my enjoyment! There are some that can be difficult and seem as though I have wasted my time; but to be very truthful, there is nothing wasted by spending time with the Lord! 

 This is pretty much where it starts, knowing Jesus is who He claimed to be, and that letting Him be the Lord of your life! There is no other way! You must allow Him to be Lord, completely and without any hesitation or argument, whatsoever! Have I been able to hold to that, throughout my New Life? No, I have not! If I had to be honest, I would say that I have allowed Him maybe 80%, if that; holding on to stuff that I felt I deserved to hold onto. 

 That might sound a little hard to understand, but it is really not that indifferent from most of those that call Him Lord! Most, if not all of us are the same; we only hold onto the sins that we like and feel comfortable doing; at least while we are doing them. But there comes a point in time where we are given an ultimatum, where Jesus says, 'Enough is enough! Stop doing what you are doing!' 

 There is the point of this message: Jesus is the Only Way to the Father! If you really want to be accepted by the Father, then you need to follow Jesus and do what He says...

""So why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord! when you don't do what I say? I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins."" 

No comments:

Post a Comment