Sunday, April 2, 2023

"Let This Be Known"

 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another," (John 13:35 KJV)

  "If anyone claims, "I am living in the light," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness. Anyone who loves another brother or sister is living in the light and does not cause others to stumble. But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by darkness." (1 John 2:9-11 NLT)

 There is nothing that is more important than to the body of Christ, then the light that we display, living out Christ to the world around us; no matter what condition you might be living in, we must let the Light shine forth from our life! I don't think we can neglect to this, especially not in this current culture. 

 Seemingly, things are progressing more and more quickly, almost as if there is a race against time; if you don't see that is the case, then you are not paying attention to what might be happening all around you! Having said that, I since that there are some, many more than we might care to admit, who pretend that the things that happen in the world, belong to the world, therefore it is the world's problem, not theirs; which basically says: 'That the church should not care to much about it.'

 I'm sorry, but I have people I love that are being deceived by the lie; there just doesn't seem to be more people that really care too much about it! This is not about politics or gender or even what you might believe; this is about a spiritual war, and it is intensifying all around us, day by day! Go ahead and try to ignore it, but when it hits your house, you will see how real it really is! 

 Anywho, enough about that! We are the Body of Christ! There is something that needs to be displayed in out lives: Christ Jesus! Last Sunday, at Calvary Chapel Spring Creek, Pastor John had some questioners passed around for everyone to fill out, which asked everyone these basic questions: 'Do you have any spiritual gifts?' 'Do you know what your spiritual gifts are?' 'Do you understand how to use them; and would you like to learn more?' These are all paraphrased, as I did not copy them down, but the points are pretty much the same.

 All of us, that have the Holy Spirit within us, have spiritual gifts! Every single one of us, in one form or another, have at least two spiritual gifts; and some have several more. But the greatest gift of all is love! No matter how many gifts you might have, if you don't have love, none of them really count for much at all.

 Please Lord Jesus, help me, because I need more love...

"Are we all apostles? Are we all prophets? A we all teachers? Do we all have the power to do miracles? Do we all have the gift of healing? Do we all have the ability to speak in unknown languages? Do we all have the ability to interpret unknown languages? Of course not! So you should earnestly desire the most helpful gifts. But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all. If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, and didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or clanging cymbal. If  I had the gift of prophecy, and I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing." (1 Corinthians 12:29 - 13:3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment