Thursday, April 27, 2023

"Role of the Spirit" -Too

 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever." (John 14:16 JKV)

  "So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses." (Galatians 5:16-19 NLT)

 As Jesus says, "and he shall give you another Comforter," which indicates the fact that, while Jesus was with the disciples, they were comforted by His presence! The presence of the Lord! Do you feel His presence in your life? That is not a trick question, because it is the role of the Holy Spirit to amplify the presence of Christ in your heart; making you comforted in every circumstance or situation. 

 Let me go back to what I said yesterday, about endurance: we must endure to the very end, because God will never let us get into anything that we cannot endure through! We might feel like we want to quit, as the devil has discouragement as his greatest tool; but we must not quit, as much as we feel we should, we should not! 

 Back in the day, while my wife was still able to help out in the business, I would always keep a red rag in me desk drawer. It was a sign to her that I wanted to quit; as I would put the rag in my back pocket, hanging out, to indicate that I would rather be pumping gas, then dealing with the company and all the mess. This was my way of saying that I was fed up with it all and needed an intervention! 

 If you do not know what I am talking about, it is basically part of owning your own business. However, the truth be told, much like a pastor of a church, it is not your business, just like the church does not belong to any pastor. We are stewards of all that God has given us, family, work, or church; everything belongs to the Lord, nothing is ours! 

 My mother would always say, "You came into the world naked, and naked you will leave; you really don't own anything!" You must totally understand what your role is, because it all belongs to the Lord! Besides that; the law of Moses is there to teach us just how far we are from keeping it; it to is not ours to keep, because we cannot! 

 I hope that you see what that means, because, "when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses." The best part of all of this, is that anything you might have, because it is not really yours, it shouldn't tear you apart trying to keep it! Comfort yourself in this, and sing after me...

""But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."" (Matthew 6:33 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment