Tuesday, April 25, 2023

"Yes, Lord!"

 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15 KJV)

  "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live." (Philippians 1:20-24 NLT)

 One thing that keeps me feeling as though I cannot go, is the task of caring for my wife. I can't imagine what might happen if I died, because that would leave her dependent upon the State to car for her; unless someone else in the family was willing to take on the challenge. When you are caring for someone that needs 24 hour a day care, it can get rather hard, unless you have love as your commitment, to keep on going to the very end. 

 As I was typing the closing verse yesterday, I couldn't help but weep over what Peter said: "So, if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you." Do I think that is something that applies to me? Maybe, if there is somehow suffering attached to this sort of living; because it really hurts me some days, longing for her to speak, to hold me back, and to be whole again! 

 Anywho! What are the commands that Jesus has given us? Well, the way I read it, there are two: "To love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength; and to love others as yourself." How are you doing with those two commands? Without God's help, I really don't think either one is truly possible! We might pretend that we can be that kind of follower of Christ, until someone pushes the right button, and then we through love right out the window. 

 We really are not as strong as we think we are and as soon as we think we are strong, we will be seriously tested, and fail the test, miserably! We must never ever think that we can walk the talk, without depending upon Jesus, to be the vessel that we are walking in! If we continue to abide in Christ, then we will be able to do all things, because He will abide in us; but as soon as we think we have somehow gained the strength to overcome, we strangely get undone...

"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." (Ephesians 3:14-19 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment