Saturday, April 8, 2023

"Of Uncertain Affinity" - 2.0

 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." (John 14:1 KJV)

  "He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. Unjustly condemned, he was led away. No one cared that he died without descendants, that his life was cut short in midstream. But he was struck down for the rebellion of my people. He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man's grave." (Isaiah 53:7-9 NLT)

 You have got to wonder how his disciples felt that next morning, as they came to grip with what had just taken place the day before. They now call today, "Holy Day," most likely because this is the first day that man could be able to wake up free from sin; but to those who were alive back then, this day was filled with great holes! 

 That is why Jesus was saying this, "Let not your heart be troubled," because He knew that is exactly what would be happening among them, as a thick darkness would overcome them, being overwhelmed by the craziness of the previous day. No one could believe that it happened, there was nothing that Jesus did to deserve what was done to Him; and yet, God did not save Him! 

 We know the whole story, so it is easy for us to imagine that they were told, therefore they should have listened; but as mentioned before, it was totally Greek to them, they could not make sense of what Jesus was trying to say, because this should not have happened! Even though it was written about, 700 years earlier, it was still something that seemed to be a disaster.

 Remembering back to the first time I had a chance to read this, after I was saved, there was a special feeling that came over me, almost as if my whole body became numb, and I was unable to move for a brief moment. I was stunned! "Ye believe in God, believe also in me," was something I had never really been able to see before, even though I had gone through this Scripture dozens of times before. 

 The first Book I was told to read was John, and here it was, day two of my New Life in Christ, and I could see! Not that I didn't have issues with it again afterwards, because I did; but I would always go back to the Word, reinforcing that which I knew was the Truth! We must always focus upon God's word, not anything else that might confuse us; God's word does not confuse, but it enlightens us! 

 Besides that, we have the Holy Spirit within us, who acknowledges the Truth...

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe Jesus is the Son of God." (1 John 5:4-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment