Sunday, April 23, 2023

"For His Service"

 "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14 KJV)

  "Masters, be just and fair to your slaves. Remember that you also have a Master - in heaven. Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." (Colossians 4:1-2 NLT)

 Keep on keeping on! That is the thing I feel God has put upon my heart this morning, as we must endure to the very end, making sure to remind ourselves daily, Who it is that we will be accountable to, and for what we shall be judged! 

 You probably have heard me say this before, but it has to be said again: Jesus will have one thing to ask of you, when you stand before Him: "Did you believe that I loved you?" More than anything else, I think we forget how important it is to make this a personal relationship; one that is sincere and devoted, as if The Master is always there, watching and waiting for us to acknowledge His presence.

 We must be aware of that, because it is a fact; a fact that we are all one day are going to be accountable for! When I mess up, the first thing out of my mouth is to ask Him for forgiveness, because I know that He sees me, hears me, and even reads my mind! Always, at all times; even when I might think that He isn't there, that might be time when He is the closest! 

 Anywho; this is made to be about prayer: which is the ability to speak, as well as listen, to the Master! What I really think about this verse, is that we must be listener's first and foremost. This is not about asking for things, as if there are bountiful gifts that He is hoping that we might ask for; this is the part of servanthood, the part where you are paying attention to what He might be asking of you, not what you are asking of Him! 

 Maybe the things we need to imagine, (which basically means, to realize and put into practice,) is that "my name" is basically the same thing as saying, 'What I represent and what I am all about!' Therefore, it is something that He puts upon our heart, which we confirm that He has established for us, as His loyal servant, and then we take it to the mat! 

 If you think about, any loyal servant that is in the presence of their master, is going to be watching closely for the master to need something or make a request. Something that I believe, with all my heart, is that there are spiritual forces all around us. Sometimes we can sense them, and sometimes we are not aware. 

 What do angels do? They do that which needs to be done, in order to bring about something or prevent something else. If you ever wondered why you were redirected into some other direction, it was most likely because you were redirected by an angel and didn't even know it. I know, call me crazy, if you want; but I am more than confident that it is so, because I have experienced the result. 

 You can too, if you would just realize that it is happening and accept that it is true. If you have the idea to see someone, and then they show up at your door, then you might want to imagine that they were directed to be there; just saying! They might not even know why, but they came, none the less. 

 Forgive me for getting redirected, but it is one of the reasons that we must pray; and by all means, stay alert...

"So humble yourselves under the might power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. I his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen." (1 Peter 5:6-11 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment