Friday, April 28, 2023

"The Spirit of Truth!"

 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14:17 KJV) 

  "But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you." (Romans 8:9-12 NLT)

 Whether you are feeling discouraged or feeling as though you are stuck, God does not leave you there by yourself, because you are never without the Holy Spirit who dwells within you! You might have some communication problems, due to your lack of following orders; but if you ask for forgiveness and start obeying what you are told to do, you will be the best of friends again: That is a promise! 

 Yesterday I did something a little drastic and it feels like a big sigh of relief. I had been praying about not doing a trip that I had planned, hoping that God would show me clearly what to do; but it was like a thick fog of disinformation, and I couldn't understand if it was God speaking or not. And then I recentered my thoughts on God's will and purposes; thinking back to the point in time when I seemed to have gotten off track. 

 Interesting how that works, because the choices we make, no matter what size they are in the beginning, the direction they take us, can get larger and farther from where we are meant to be, and where God would have us. So, as it appeared, about the time I started setting up everything for my trip, things started to get uncontrollable and unmanageable in my finances and in my life. 

 Stop what you are doing, and planning, and thinking about for the future; and start off by praying and asking God what He wants you to do, first! DUH! You might think that was something I should have naturally done; but instead, because it was my 65th birthday adventure, I just assumed it was okay to just set it up, without asking God first! 

 Put all of your plans before the Lord, before you plan them! Don't plan anything first, and then ask God if it is a good thing that you are doing, because you have already started out wrong, which makes it a bad plan to begin with! Some people might look at that as if I am being way too spiritual, as if God doesn't mind if we have a little me time. Well, that is a pretty deep subject! 

 Don't assume that God wants you to go ahead, because you don't feel that He isn't stopping you or saying not to go; because I really don't think that is how it always work. If you are not asking Him first, there is a pretty good chance He will let you find out the hard way, to ask Him first! Especially when it involves about thirty or more people, a dozen of RV Parks, changes in caregivers for my wife, and the giant risk of getting splattered while ridding a bike a1,000 miles down Hwy 1 and the 101.

 Let along the business side of things; which isn't really being a good steward of what I should be taking care of; so the trip is cancelled, and I feel much better about where I am at...

"Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." How do you know what your life will be tomorrow? Your life is like a morning fog - it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live here and do this or that." Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and such boasting is evil. Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." (James 4:13-17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment