Monday, April 17, 2023

"Unsatisfied"

 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." (John 14:8 KJV)

  ""But the time is coming - indeed it's here now - when true worshipers will worship the Father is spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."" (John 4:23-24 NLT)

 This might seem a little complicated to some, but it is really quite common that some people will want further evidence that God is real, whether it be a sign or manifestation; anything that will convince them how to be satisfied that it is all real. I have even had some say, "I will believe it when I see it; otherwise, it's all just a fairytale." 

 I can't remember a time that I ever did not believe in God; from as far back as I remember, I always felt as though God really existed and that everything I saw, was created by Him, especially the stars up above. There might have been a time or two when I asked Him to manifest Himself, saying, 'God, if you are real, please give me a sign!' But then, without even having a sign to go by, creation was always crying out, "I am a sign!" 

 If you really stop and think about it, faith is something that must be tested, because it requires us to want answers, but at the same time, believe and be satisfied in what we have been told. In a strange sort of way, that was the problem in the Garden, as the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, it left Adam wanting to know something he did not know, thereby making him desire knowing. 

 Most people that think that they have seen God, or some sort of sign, will end up creating an image of something to remind them of their experience. That is the whole point of where idols come from; as there is something that needs to be seen, to touch, or to worship; even if it resembles something common or created by God. 

 Looking a little deeper into the matter, being satisfied might be more important than we think. As we observe the situation with Abraham, who believed God for a son, but compromised the promise by having a son through Hagar. They refer to this as a child of the flesh, meaning that it was done in the flesh, to satisfy the flesh or fleshly desire. Basically, that means, 'Want,' want is really not something we need if God provides all that we need; just want, because we don't feel satisfied.

 Maybe I am making too much of this, mostly because I am looking for answers! Answers to the reasons why certain things happen and what might become of them. That is the whole reason we must have the faith we have in God's word; His word shows us the end result, which is all that really matters! This life is just part of the journey; the dash between the time of our birth and the day we go home...

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever." (PSALM 23 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment