Thursday, April 6, 2023

"Jesus, the Way to the Father"

  ""Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you will know the way to where I am going." 

 "No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 

 Jesus told them, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!" 

 Phillip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied." 

 Jesus replied, "Have I been with all this time, Phillip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but me Father who lives in me does his work through me. Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do." 

 "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!"" (John 14:1-14 NLT)

"Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations fastened? Or who laid the corner stone thereof; when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:1-7 KJV) 

 Have you ever wondered how far away heaven might be? Gazing up at the stars, I might appear as though there is no end to the vastness of space, and yet, here we are, in millions of millions of miles of space! It is just too much to comprehend, in these little minds of ours; but in our hearts, the God of the entire universe has His abode! 

 This is really quiet a lot of stuff to absorb, but having come this far, I am hoping that there is still time enough to take it all in! This portion of Scripture was most interesting to me when I first got saved; mostly because I was so unfamiliar with who Jesus really was, it really turned my mind in-side-out, as I tried to comprehend what Jesus was trying to show His disciples. 

 We just need to believe, without trying to make it fit something we can be familiar with, because it is not really something we can fully understand; at least not yet, but we soon will! That one little sentence, "When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."

 The time is not so far off: We must be ready to go when everything is ready...

"Dear friends, I warn you as temporary residents and foreigners to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (1 Peter 2:11-12 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment