Saturday, August 27, 2022

"Up or Down!"

 "And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." (John 10:5 KJV)

  ""So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them."" (Luke 8:18 NLT)

 Interesting things to think about, if you are looking for the right way to follow Jesus. First and foremost, Jesus was always focused upon Heaven! His purpose for being here was perfectly clear, and it wasn't about having a great life here in this world: it was about having eternal life with Him in Heaven! 

 If there is a way to measure what is being said, the measurement will start out small, but will end up being larger and further apart from where it once started. If our focus is upon Heaven, then the closer we will be aligned with the teaching of Jesus, because that is pretty much what He taught; but if our focus is upon the things of this world, then the further we will move away from what Jesus taught, and we will no longer understand the point of His message. 

 Don't think it can't happen, because it seriously happens all the time! Have you ever heard the message about the traffic cone? The point of that message has more to do about what we are focused upon the most; but it also has the bigger issue of where our troubles are found, and where they are not! Amazingly, we have no issues looking up, because God has nothing against us when we are in Christ; but when we are not abiding in the shelter and protection of the blood of Christ, then we have problems all around us! 

 I have, from time to time, drifted away from that focus. Being in sales, it is really not that hard to do from time to time, and it can really take you off guard. You might not even notice, until you find yourself not relying upon God; then all of the sudden, God is all you have, and you realize you haven't been faithfully following Him. 

 To be perfectly honest, I really can't count the number of times I have had to stop and reset my focus, because my focus was more on this world then it was on Heaven. My poor wife had to be taken through many ups and downs, because I couldn't keep my priorities headed in the right direction. I hope that there is someone out there that understands what I am trying to say? 

 I think the biggest difference for us, was that my wife did not really work, so she never really felt the pull into the workforce and all that it causes a person to focus upon. Instead, hers was more like a codependency, where her addiction was linked to mine; but the more I worked, the less I focused upon her also. 

 Sorry for dragging you down that rabbit hole, but it is just one of those regrets that grind on the soul! The main point, if you are the slight bit interested: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God...

"If you stop listening to instruction, my child, you will turn your back on knowledge." (Proverbs 19:27 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment