Tuesday, August 23, 2022

"Safe Passage" - To

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep." (John 10:2 KJV)

  "Yes, the Sovereign LORD is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes. He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young." (Isaiah 40:10-11 NLT)

 On a much bigger note, we are all one body: each and every one of us that are in Christ, we are all of the Body of Christ, and He is the Head of the Body! What that actually represents, is that the power and the completeness of His victory is ours, as long as we abide in Him! With that, we can be assured! 

 I have heard so many messages about that, "Abiding in Christ," as if it is somehow a place, meaning that we can step in and out of it, as if He was an umbrella protecting us from the rain. That might be easily illustrated, but it is also something that is way too easy to do. I seriously doubt that it is that easy!

 First of all, I cannot guarantee that I myself will be able to remain in Christ, if I told you could, then I would probably be looking forward to a whirlwind of trouble. That said, I believe in my heart that Jesus is the only way to eternal life, and that He paid the price for me to enter in that life. Now that I know that, I am pressed to remain focused upon the eternal life which is waiting ahead! 

 Sorry for the honesty, but it is by far the most difficult thing that I deal with, that same stupid question: What if it is not real? What if there really is nothing after this? Really! Do you have to keep repeating that stupid question, again and again! Stop doubting what you know is the Truth, because I know for a fact that Jesus lives, therefore, because He lives, I will live also, as I abide in Him! 

 You see, I cannot guarantee anything for myself, as I have already seen way too many people that I thought were much more important and stronger than me, who have fell be the wayside. But I can, without a doubt, guarantee that Jesus lives, He holds me tightly, and He has promised to provide a place for me in heaven!

 He has guaranteed this to me: I don't need to guarantee anything! I just need to rest in His guarantee...

""For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life."" (John 3:16 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment